Pakistan is emerging as the destination of choice for IT outsourcing in Pakistan for the following reasons:
- An IT workforce of 133,000 with good English language and people skills growing at a phenomenal rate of almost 20,000 a year.
- A hundred and ten ISO-certified IT companies, with over 25 undergoing CMMI rating.
- A reliable digital telecommunications infrastructure with backup and reliable energy and transport networks.
- An ambitious program of world-class IT Parks, with a rental rate of approx. US$1 per sq ft /month.
- A prosperous economy that offers lucrative domestic opportunities and is attracting increasing amounts of international investment.
- A steadily improving risk rating and a tightening environment for intellectual property protection.
- A streamlined government regulatory process of one of the most attractive incentive programs anywhere, which includes tax exemptions, 100% foreign equity and earnings repatriation.
- International leaders such as BearingPoint, NCR Teradata, Mentor Graphics and ZTE have chosen to locate their development and consultancy center in Pakistan.